Maple english cream
- 9 egg yolks
- 100 g (1/2 cup) Maple sugar
- 500 ml (2 cups) cream 35%
- 200 ml (3/4 cup + 2 1/2 tsp) milk 3.25%
- 75 ml (5 tbsp) Maple syrup
- Bring the cream, milk and half the maple sugar to a boil.
- Mix the egg yolks, maple syrup and remaining maple sugar.
- Add the egg yolks mixture to the 35% cream.
- Reduce heat and cook until the mixture reaches 185°F (85°C) degrees in temperature, stirring constantly or until the cream adheres to the back of the spoon.
- Strain the mixture and cool as fast as possible.
- Serve over maple syrup pie, fresh fruits, pancakes or French toasts.
Note: You may freeze the remainning mixture
Number of people: 6